Call Me via Grand Central

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

There's a funny thing about writing. I procrastinate when I'm thinking about doing it. But, once I actually start, I find it quite hard to stop. As if, once I start releasing the thoughts from my brain, the flow is never-ending.

I enjoy writing for one simple reason - I love to read. And, when I create a story, I enjoy seeing where my characters are going to go. When I write, it is almost as if my conscious mind is unaware of what is coming until it's on the page (or screen). It is almost as much fun for me to write a new story, as it is to read a story from one of the great authors. Oftentimes, I find myself pleasantly surprised by the ideas that spew from my mind.

I use my writing as a cathartic, therapeutic tool as well. I write stories about time traveling to the past, to examine issues regarding mistakes and correcting them. I write stories about time traveling to the future, to envision moving beyond problems in the now and towards a better tomorrow. I write stories about situations other than my own, to do just that - envision a life other than my own. This doesn't mean I don't want to live my life, or that I'm generally unhappy with the situations of my life (although I could do with a better job and more money ;) - like everyone), just that I like to imagine and dream. It's why I play videogames. It's why I see movies. And, it's why I write.

I am a dreamer.

I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't write. Not everyone writes. Some people paint, some people sculpt, and some people work out. The point is, that it is my sincere hope that for all of you out there, that if you haven't found what helps you yet - that you will soon.

And now, I am going to watch another episode of 24 season 2 (only 6 to go!)

No comments: