Call Me via Grand Central

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Why Life = Suck



As I left for work today, I found out (much to my chagrin) that my tire had gone flat overnight. But, with a quick call to AAA, all was made right again. Or Not. First I was informed that my AAA membership had expired, and unless I renewed by credit card over the phone, they wouldn't come to help me. So I plunk down some money, and the tow truck comes by about 40 minutes later. At which point, I found out my new car did not come with a spare tire! So, the guy was nice enough to tow me to Sears Auto to purchase a replacement.

The man at Sears sold me a new tire. Except, they didn't have my exact tire in stock. So, I bought a slightly smaller tire for now, and ordered the correct one (which should arrive in a few days). All in all, I guess it could have been worse - at least I'll end up with an almost full-size spare tire when all is said and done. To better illustrate my day, I will use mastercard logic:

Renewing my AAA membership so someone would tow my car: $54 Dollars
A new tire slightly smaller than the old one: $87 Dollars
Another new tire, but in the correct size: $104 Dollars
A bag of pretzels and a Pepsi while I waited: $2 Dollars

Spending almost a quarter of my paycheck the day after I get it: Priceless

I was going to talk about some new computer games and 24 today, but I am still feeling bitter, so I'll leave those for tomorrow I guess . . .

No comments: