Call Me via Grand Central

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Well, since I committed to writing something every day, and I'm always on the web - I thought I should try and combine both together.

As blogs go, I don't yet know what I want to make of mine. I'm sure I'll add some interesting links I find in my travels (everybody else seems to), talk about current events (or at least the events that are current to me), and basically give my opinions about anything and everything (somebody must want to hear my views and - wait - I don't even know if anyone will read this . . .)

For today, I guess I'll focus on some music. Recently, my Ipod died and I got a new 30 gig photo model. I have had to replace most of the music I once had, as I kept forgetting to back up the files on there until it was too late. (Bad Joe!) And, since the player is relatively empty (at least until I get around to re-ripping just about all of my CDs) I have started looking for new music to add to my collection. Two albums in particular have really stood out - Jamiroquai's Dynamite & Flipsyde's We The People - they are really good, and I recommend both. The Jamiroquai has a great funky electro-disco vibe on several songs (I think the first track "Feels like it should" is my favorite right now), while the Flipsyde album infuses some great latin/spanish guitar into their hip-hop sound (check out "US History" and "Someday" to see what I mean . . .)

I guess that's it for day one. Tomorrow I'll talk about the new Fantastic Four movie I'm going to see, and maybe some video games as well . . .

No comments: