Call Me via Grand Central

Thursday, October 27, 2005

So . . .

Its been a few days, so here's a new entry for y'all out there. Today, I will talk about some new video games and music I have been checking out. Without further ado, here we go . . .
_________________________________________________________________

First, I want to share my newest musical favorites - a little reggae, some smooth jazz/vocal, and absolutlely amazing guitar. Intrigued?

Matisyahu is an orthodox-jewish reggae artist - no wait, let me explain before you scroll down! Appearances notwithstanding, this dude kicks ass! He has been touring with Trey from Phish, and his live album has been consistently selling out. Most of his music has a religious bent to it (track six is dedicated to the anceint temple in Jerusalem), or at the very least references god several times per track. A lot of the lyrics have hebrew words and phrases peppered throughout. But, listen to the tracks and his flows are just ridiculously good, infectious even. The cd has some videos stored on it - you can see Matisyahu go crowd surfing while holding his yarmulke on! I unequivically recommend this one, and my favorite track is #5 (King Without a Crown)

Jamie Cullum
's new album dropped a few weeks ago, and I love it. His brand of music definitely borders between Jazz and Easy Listening, but I dig it all the same. The easygoing flow of his music and lyrics really soothes and relaxes me, making for some damn good driving music. His new album, continues the trend from the last one of being mellow and smooth and just plain cool. I get a very rat-pack-cool feel whenever I listen to vocal jazz like this. I recommend tracks 1 & 2 on the album as the best (Get Your Way and London Skies), but there are many good ones that I'm sure people will love.

Santana's most recent album, All That I Am, releases next month, and it is , quite simply, amazing. I have already listened to all the tracks several times, and each one is very well done. Many tracks feature famous guest vocalists or performers, like his other recent releases. Everyone from Michelle Branch, Steven Tyler, Robert Randolph, Joss Stone, Mary J. Blige, Sean Paul, and Los Lonely Boys help round out this amazing album. I would point out particular tracks that I loved, but who's kidding? I love and recommend thw whole album!
________________________________________________________________

Gaming section to come after my dinner break!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Where is the gaming section mang? Seriously. I want to know.