Call Me via Grand Central

Friday, August 19, 2005

So, today I got a raise. Yeah. I'm still trying to process that. My district manager called me this afternoon, and told me he got me an almost 10 and a half percent increase - over $3000 a year. He said he believes in paying people what they're worth, and that he knows how hard I'm working and he thought I deserved it. Then, he told me that I was probably still going to get my normal increase at the end of September as well. I am honestly flabbergasted and speechless about the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I think I deserve this, and I think it's a little overdue. But still, the way he did it really threw me. No real preamble, just 'by the way, here's some more money, and thanks for all the hard work'. I think I've gotten to know my DM relatively well, and he isn't the kind of guy who would hold something over my head, or expect excessive thanks or something like that. But, the way he did this was so incredibly laid back and nonchalant that it made the act itself seem that much more touching and important to me.

I had plans to blog about stuff today, but I just don't feel like it. I'm gonna make some food, and relax instead. In fact, I'm putting on some Peter Gabriel and lighting incense as we speak. Till later then y'all . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were relaxing with you ;-)