Call Me via Grand Central

Wednesday, August 03, 2005






Today, I dedicate my blog to my roommate Chuck, who is away in the holyland of Israel. Everyone here at 159 Colburn misses you, and can't wait for you to get back stateside!







_____________________________________________________________________

Anyway, here are two tech/video game related issues that I am looking forward to in the next two-ish weeks.

First, there is the impending US release of firmware Version 2.0 for the PSP. Now, before anyone says anything - I really do KNOW how nerdy that sounds, but hear me out. When I first got the PSP with Aloma, I knew I wanted to use it for so much more than just video games. And on August 12th, I can download new software to unlock even more capabilities on this amazing machine. All of the updated features are cool, but by far the best part is the built in web browser. I can have lunch in the Panera bread down the street, and surf the web for free at the same time. I can check my webmail anywhere there's wi-fi access. I could even write my blog entries from the road . . .

Second, there is a game coming for the PSP called Death Jr., that is coming out a week after the new firmware. This new platformer (made especially for the PSP) looks like it is going to be amazing and really fun. Konami has already cross-marketed the crap out of the characters and the storyline - with everything from toys and comic books to an appearance on the MTV2 show Video Mods. From the game footage I've seen, I can foresee many a night spent staring at the small PSP screen . . . :)

That's it for today, because it's dinner time, and those damn hotdogs won't cook themselves!

No comments: